Song Xanh Sampan, dedicated mainly to overnight cruises, are decked out with all the amenities including one or two private cabins and a spacious bathroom. Song Xanh Sampans are owned and managed by Victoria Group. 2 days explore Mekong delta on Song Xanh Sampan, with LIFE ON THE RIVER program you will visit Can Tho – Cai Be – Sa Dec
Song Xanh Sampan are designed for travelers looking for Private Cruise experiences in the Mekong Delta. The sampans “Song Xanh” offer a concept of fully private charter cruises for individuals, ideal for couples, or families with children.
The boats dimensions allow a deep discovery of the delta, its numerous canals and arroyos. Exclusive cruise itineraries have been designed away from touristic areas, and permitt an intimate approach of the authentic inhabitants life style and ancestral activities. While some meals are served on board, others are catered at ancient houses along the river allowing cultural exchanges and privileged contacts with the locals.
For those looking for a more active way to penetrate the delta, bicycles and a small rowing boat are also available.
On each sampan boat, a crew of 4 including an english or french speaking guide is pampering the guests. Exotic fruits, mineral water, green tea, and fresh towels are served on complimentary basis.
- Song Xanh 1 (15m long x 3,5m wide, 1 living room transformed into a comfortable bedroom at night (15m2), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 2 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 3 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 4 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 5 (23m long x 4,5m wide, 2 bedrooms,1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night if needed) (16m2/each). The large bathroom is equipped with shower, washbasin, wc, and provide a full set of deluxe amenities such as slippers, cotton bathrobes, bath towels, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, comb, cotton tips, shower cap, and sanitary bags.
2 DAYS: CAI BE – SA DEC – CAN THO
Begin cruising from Phu An Jetty at 10:00 am. From the sampan, observe life as it plays out on shore – people going about their daily activities against picturesque landscapes – while your attentive crew serves tea and seasonal fruit. Before arriving at Sa Dec, stop at various points along the river for a
After dinner return on board while the Song Xanh continues its cruise towards the Hau River. Overnight on board.
CAI RANG – CAN THO – SAI GON (B)
Early wake-up for a visit to the famous Cai Rang Floating Market up at 6h00am which only operates from 5h00 to 8h00am every day. Breakfast is served on board while the Song Xanh navigates towards the market among local barges laden with fruit and vegetables. Be sure to have your camera ready!Later on, cruise towards Victoria Can Tho and disembark at the hotel’s private jetty.
Drive back to Saigon (transportation not included in cabin price). Tour ends. Far East Tour awaits to serve you next time.
2 DAYS: CAN THO - SA DEC - CAI BE
CAN THO – SA DEC (L/D)
Meet at the Victoria Can Tho Resort jetty at 10:00 am. Your crew welcomes you on board your private sampan with cold towels and a refreshing drink. Cruise the waterways of the Mekong Delta, observing villagers going about their daily activities against picturesque landscapes while your attentive crew serves tea and seasonal fruit. Sail past local barges laden with produce from the Delta as you enjoy lunch on board, with
Transfer to a small rowboat to better explore the beautifulwaterways and peaceful villages. Visit the historic house of “The Lover”, a real-life character in the acclaimed novel and film by Marguerite Duras, where dinner is served. Enjoy your night on board the Song Xanh, on the Tien River.
SA DEC – CAI BE (B/L)
Begin cruising in the early morning hours at about 6:30 am, just as the villages begin to stir and children get ready for school.
Arriving at Cai Be, step ashore to visit local cottage industries that utilize products from the Delta like rice and coconuts to make tasty snacks including puffed rice and chewy coconut candy.
Our cruise ends at Le Longanier Restaurant. Lunch is served in this exquisite riverside colonial-style villa set in lush tropical gardens and surrounded by fruit plantations, a throwback to the elegant lifestyle enjoyed by a privileged few in Indochinese times.
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON (USD)
Period Rate/person (group 2 pax) Rate/person (group 3-4 pax) Rate/person (group 5-6 pax) Rate on PROMOTION PERIOD (Jun – Oct /2017) USD 249 USD 226 USD 203 Rate on HIGH SEASON (Jan – May/2017) USD 275 USD 250 USD 224
– Surcharge: USD23/cruise on Tet Holiday
|Period||Rate/person (group 2 pax)||Rate/person (group 3-4 pax)||Rate/person (group 5-6 pax)|
|Rate on PROMOTION PERIOD (Jun – Oct /2017)||USD 249||USD 226||USD 203|
|Rate on HIGH SEASON (Jan – May/2017)||USD 275||USD 250||USD 224|
– Child policy: Children under 5 years old are FOC, sharing room with parents. Children from 5 to 11 years old are charged 50%, sharing room with parents. Age of children based on year of birth.
- English or French speaking guide
- Boat trips as mentioned
- Meals as mentioned:
- Itinerary CAI BE – SA DEC – CAN THO: 1 breakfast and 1 lunch served on board; 1 candlelit dinner including a bottle of wine for 2 persons at an ancient house
- Itinerary CAN THO – SA DEC – CAI BE: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch served on board; 1 lunch at Le Longanier Restaurant; 1 candlelit dinner including a bottle of wine for 2 persons at an ancient house
- Crew assistance
- “xuong” rowboat rides
- Cold towels, exotic seasonal fruits, hot green tea and two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- All activities as mentioned Gov’t tax
- Land transportation from/to Ho Chi Minh City: please contact ATA for your transportation rate
- Travel insurance of any kind
- Tip, drinks, personal expenses
- Others services not mentioned
- Bank transfer fees & credit card service fees
- Other not mentioned above
What to bring: Original passport, sun glasses, some cash in Vietnamese Dong / USD for personal expenses (do not accept credit card payments on board)
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.