The cave is called the dark cave because it is made of mostly basalt in addition to limestone. The basalt is a black hard rock, giving it its dark name. Basalt and limestone surrounding you, you squished through the passage using only your headlamps.
By the time we got through the passage, you are covered in mud and ready for another swim. This time you can go further into the cave, where the width was probably 100m and the depth is deeper than anyone could touch. As you swim, you have to duck under huge stalagmites and balance between limestone columns to get to the next big opening.
One the way back, everyone turn out their lights during the long swim stretch and you can swim in darkness. It is surreal. Probably the coolest thing you have’ve done.
07:45- 08:00: Our car and tour guide will pick up guests at hotel in Dong Hoi, you will explore the most impressive Phong Nha caves (50 km about the city, 45 minutes driving). After 25 minutes on boat, visitors will arrive Phong Nha cave, take a couple hours to see the cave. This cave is called as water cave, is famous for its rock formation which has been given names such as the “Lion”, the “Fairy Caves”, the “Royal Court”, and the “Buddha”.
12:00: Lunch at local restaurant in Phong Nha village before exloring National Park in the afternoon
13:00-16:00: visit Dark cave, Dark cave is really amazing where you can experience many adventure activities
Activities: Muddy bath, ziplining, swimming, kayaking, soft caving and walking
Tip: Bring swim wear and towel
17:30: Back to Dong Hoi. Tour ends.
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON (USD): USD64 / pax
Valid from 1st January 2018 till 31st December 2018
- Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Rates are not applied for Tet holiday period and other public holiday
- Free pick up service from train, bus station, airprort,
- Transfer and back up by van, Vietnamese and English speaking tour guide, lunch (Vietnamese dishes style),
- Entrance tickets with dragon boat and golf car, mineral water and wet tissue
- Visa and visa arrangement fee
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Transfers & meals not indicated on itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (tips, gratuities, etc.)
- VAT 10% (If you want the invoice, 10% will be charged extra. If not, no extra will be charged)
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.