Hoa Lu is some 110km or 2.5 hour bus from Hanoi. Located near the Ninh Binh city, Hoa Lu is the site of a 10th-century capital of an ancient Vietnamese Kingdom called Dai Co Viet. This small Kingdom covered an area of only 300 hectares, and reigned from the 10th century, during the Dinh and Le dynasties, to the 11th century, during the Ly Dynasty. The Kingdom was enclosed by a citadel. The citadel and the Yen Ngua limestone hills provided good defense of this kingdom against the invaders.
Not much of this ancient kingdom is left standing. There are two 17th century temples, modelled after their 11th-century originals that are on most itineraries to Hoa Lu. They are the Dinh Tien Hoang Temple (King Dinh temple) and Le Hoan Temple (King Le Temple).
HOA LU – MUA CAVE – TAM COC BOATING – CYCLING
07:30 – 08:00 – Our guide will meet you at your hotel/stay and start 120km comfortable Limousine bus journey through verdant landscape. Stop over for a rest on the way.
10:30 – Visit Hoa Lu Ancient Citadel with Dinh King Temple dating back to the 17th Century.
11:15 – Arrive Mua Cave and start an amazing trek up to the top of Ngoa long mountain for watching the spectacular rice valley with sprecious view of the nature.
12:30 – Enjoy the lunch at our restaurant with the great local cuisines.
14:00 – Take the sampan boat trip which owned and rowed by locals, gently sailing along Ngo Dong river, capturing the wonderful scenery of Karts hill, rice fields, and peaceful villages, and passing “ Hang Ca”, “ Hang Hai”, “ Hang Ba”.
16:00 – Enjoy cycling time in the quite country road to explore the daily life of the local villages
17:00 – Return to our Limousine bus and then come back to Ha noi
19:30 – Drop you off at your hotel/stay. Trip ends.
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON (USD) valid for 2019 year
Group tour: USD 70/ person
- Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Rates are not applied for Tet holiday period and other public holidays
- Pick-up from hotel/ accommodation in the Old Quarter of Hanoi
- Round trip transfer by comfortable Limousine Bus Ha Noi_ Ninh Binh_ Ha Noi
- A fully escorted tour with professional, English speaking guide.
- A lavish buffet lunch with Vietnamese dishes.
- 2 bottles of water per person
- All entrance fees indicated in our itinerary.
- Cycling on country road
- Beverages, tax, travel insurance
- Pick up and drop off outside Hanoi Old Quarter
- Tips, personal expenses & those not clearly mentioned above
THINGS TO BRING
- Hat or cap, sun cream, camera, cash in Vietnam Dong
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.