Tam Coc, often described as the inland version of Halong Bay, is best appreciated on a languorous row-boat ride with the soundtrack of the river lapping against the oars. With limestone outcrops amid serene rice paddies, Tam Coc is at its best from late May to late June when the crops turn yellow against the emerald river water. The tour also introduces Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam
Day trip: Hanoi – Hoa Lu – Tam Coc (8.00 am – 5.00 pm)
Hanoi – Hoa Lu – Tam Coc (L)
*GROUP TOUR BY APT TRAVEL
07:30 – 08:30 Get picked up by our tour guide and bus then depart for Ninh Binh province (90 km south of Hanoi). Have a break 20 minutes half way to relax and experience Vietnamese handicraft products such as lacquer wares, paintings, embroideries…
10:30 Arrive at Hoa Lu, which is once depicted the ancient capital of Viet Nam, settled up in the 10th century.
11:00 Visit temples of two dynasties of Dinh and Le with a very unique architectures in the old time.
11:30 Visit the excavation area beside the Le Dai Hanh temple. You experience the vestiges of Royal Palaces ground dated back 10th century. Go back to the bus and drive to Tam Coc.
CYCLING RIDE: Those who love to explore real countryside images of Vietnam can proceed a 40 minute cycling ride along country lane (from Tam Coc to Bich Dong Pagoda, estimated time 40 minutes for 5km cycling 2 ways), experiencing the beautiful scenery of lush paddy fields. Finish the cycling ride at Tam Coc dock in time for a buffet lunch in restaurant.
14:00 Board the sampan boats (2 people share a boat) in Tam Coc dock to drift down the river among the villages, mountains and lush rice fields. Passing through 3 caves “Hang Ca – First cave, Hang Hai -Second cave, Hang Ba – Third cave” to get a strange feeling. Boat returns to the dock.
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON (USD)
Valid from 1st January 2017 till 31st December 2018
Group tour (on big bus): USD 38/pax
- Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Rates are not applied for Tet holiday period and other public holiday
- Expert local English speaking tour guide
- All private transfers and transport in modern van (A/C)
- Entrance fees during guided time
- Meals as indicated on itinerary: L – Lunch
- Tissues and water on van
- Service charges and government tax
- Rowing boat trip
- Visa and visa arrangement fee
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Transfers & meals not indicated on itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (tips, gratuities, …)
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.