Leave the busy city behind and have a short break to explore the outskirt of Hanoi. Surrounded by the green lush Vietnamese countryside, fresh air, there are several handicrafts villages well-known for their beautiful pottery, folk painting and wood carving products. Let’s discover the tradition of artisanal handicrafts by visiting Bat Trang, Dong Ho and Dong Ky villages.
Day trip: Hanoi – Bat Trang – Dong Ho – Dong Ky (8.00 am – 3.00 pm)
Hanoi Handicraft Villages (L)
Pick up from your hotel in Hanoi around 8 am, we start our 45-minute ride along Red River Delta to get to Bat Trang, Vietnam’s most famous ceramic village. Ancestors of today’s ceramic artisans began their craft in world famous Bat Trang during the Ly Dynasty some 10 centuries ago. You’ll witness these artisans at work as you roam down narrow alleys into shops where you’ll be able to buy their refined ceramics at unbelievable prices or try your hands on doing pottery from clay.
We keep driving to the next village of Dong Ho, located on a left bank of Duong river in Bac Ninh province, famous for its exclusive products of folk woodcut painting – Dong Ho painting. The prints in Dong Ho are made with local wood and paper. The paint is also made from local organic materials and is applied to wood and pressed on paper. The process is repeated with different colors, and the paintings mainly reflect the aspiration for a peaceful, happy and prosperous life.
After lunch at local restaurant, we reach Dong Ky wood carving village. Originally, carpentry was a side hobby for the inhabitants of Dong Ky. However, poverty forced the villagers to concentrate their skills on this occupation. The some 12,000 residents now prosper from their trade with the increasing demand from hotels, restaurants, and exporters for their quality, hand carved furniture and crafts. The wood work here is also famous for its meticulously inlaid mother of pearl. After visiting Dong Ky village, we head back to Hanoi. Tour ends at your hotel in the afternoon.
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON (USD)
Valid from 1st January 2016 till 31st December 2016
|Group||2 pax||3 – 4 pax||5 – 6 pax||7 – 8 pax||9 pax and above|
- Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Rates are not applied for Tet holiday period and other public holiday
- Expert local English speaking tour guide
- All private transfers and transport in modern van (A/C)
- Entrance fees during guided time
- Meals as indicated on itinerary: L – Lunch
- Tissues and water on van
- Service charges and government tax
- Visa and visa arrangement fee
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Transfers & meals not indicated on itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (tips, gratuities, …)
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.