Day trip: Cao Dai Temple – Cu Chi Tunnels (8.00 am – 5.00 pm)
Cao Dai Temple – Cu Chi Tunnels (L)
On this full-day tour, we will visit the unique Great Holy See Temple and observe the colorful daily religious service, then continue on to the Cu Chi tunnels. Be picked up at hotel in the morning then head to Tay Ninh, a mountainous area near the Vietnamese-Cambodian border, 92 km away from Saigon. There locates the Cao Dai temple, built in 1926, one of the most striking structures in all of South-East Asia, mixture of Asian and European architectures. It is the headquarters of the unique Cao Dai sect, a religion with a hybrid of Buddhism, Christianity & Confucianism. Above the entrance is the all-seeing holy eye – symbol of the sect. Visitors will attend the mid-day ceremony’s extravaganza at 12.00 to witness the daily mass held by the Cao Dai followers – an experience not to be missed!
After lunch at a local restaurant, proceed to Cu Chi to explore the amazing site where Viet Cong hid during the War. It is now a popular spot for both Vietnamese & foreign tourists – the network of over 200km of tunnels became legendary when they played a vital role in the War. In their heyday, the tunnels were functioning underground cities including numerous trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers & kitchens. There is plenty of evidence of the fierce battle that took place here during the 1960s when Cu Chi was a “Free Target Zone”. Visitors can watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed before entering the tunnels. Spend the next hour exploring the tunnels. Back to Saigon after the tour. Tour ends at your hotel in Saigon in the afternoon.
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON (USD)
Valid from 1st January 2017 till 31st December 2017
|Group||2 pax||3 – 4 pax||5 – 7 pax||8 – 10 pax|
|Price/pax||USD 81||USD 65||USD 47||USD 36|
- Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Rates are not applied for Tet holiday period and other public holiday
- English speaking tour guide
- Private transfer in modern vehicle (A/C)
- Admission fee to indicated sights
- 01 lunch at local restaurant
- All activities as mentioned
- Gov’t tax
- Visa and visa arrangement fee
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Transfers & meals not indicated on itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (tips, gratuities, etc.)
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.