Group tour – big group
Day trip: Cao Dai Temple – Cu Chi Tunnels (8.00 am – 5.00 pm)
The Great Holy See Temple, built in 1926, is considered one of the most striking structures in all of South-East Asia. It is the headquarters of the unique Cao Dai sect, a religion with a hybrid of Buddhism, Christianity & Confucianism. Above the entrance is the all-seeing holy eye – symbol of the sect. Visitors will attend the midday ceremony’s extravaganza to witness the daily mass held by the Cao Dai followers which is a fantastic experience. After lunch, proceed to Cu Chi to explore the amazing site where Viet Cong hid during the War. It is now a popular spot for both Vietnamese & foreign tourists – the network of over 200km of tunnels became legendary when they played a vital role in the War. In their heyday, the tunnels were functioning underground cities including numerous trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers & kitchens. There is plenty of evidence of the fierce battle that took place here during the 1960s when Cu Chi was a “Free Target Zone”. Visitors can watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed before entering the tunnels. Spend the next hour exploring the tunnels. Afterwards, enjoy tea, cassava (guerrilla’s food in war time). Return to SaiGon.
- Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Rates are not applied for Tet holiday period and other public holiday
- English speaking tour guide
- Private transfer in modern vehicle (A/C)
- Admission fee to indicated sights
- 01 lunch at local restaurant
- All activities as mentioned
- Gov’t tax
- Visa and visa arrangement fee
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Transfers & meals not indicated on itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (tips, gratuities, etc.)
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.