In 1932, the summit of Bach Ma (means White Horse) selected by the French chief engineer Girard to become a hill station for the colonial administration of Hue. In the following years, a village including 139 villas and hotels was created. For accommodating holiday makers and to avoid commuting on the steep, 19 km long road to the next major town, there were even a post office, a market, and a hospital.
By 1937 the number of holiday homes had reached 139 and it became known as the ‘Dalat of central Vietnam’. After independence from the French, Bach Ma was soon forgotten and the villas abandoned; today they are in total ruin and only a few stone walls remain. At an elevation of 1250 metres above sea level, the National Park is a popular summer retreat for the Vietnamese, who come to relieve the cooler temperatures of Bach Ma.
Lunch (picnic)….relaxing and swimming in the cool water, resting on the large rocks.
16h30: Arrive in Hue.
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON (USD): USD23 / pax
Valid from 1st January 2017 till 31st December 2017
- Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Rates are not applied for Tet holiday period and other public holiday
- Pick up and drop off at hotel
- English/ French speaking tour guide
- 1 unit of soft drink
- Picnic lunch
- Entrance fees
- Visa and visa arrangement fee
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Transfers & meals not indicated on itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (tips, gratuities, etc.)
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.