Song Xanh Sampan, dedicated mainly to overnight cruises, are decked out with all the amenities including one or two private cabins and a spacious bathroom. Song Xanh Sampans are owned and managed by Victoria Group. 3 days explore Mekong delta on Song Xanh Sampan, with MEKONG CROSSROADS program you will visit Can Tho – Cai Be – Sa Dec
Song Xanh Sampan are designed for travelers looking for Private Cruise experiences in the Mekong Delta. The sampans “Song Xanh” offer a concept of fully private charter cruises for individuals, ideal for couples, or families with children.
The boats dimensions allow a deep discovery of the delta, its numerous canals and arroyos. Exclusive cruise itineraries have been designed away from touristic areas, and permitt an intimate approach of the authentic inhabitants life style and ancestral activities. While some meals are served on board, others are catered at ancient houses along the river allowing cultural exchanges and privileged contacts with the locals.
For those looking for a more active way to penetrate the delta, bicycles and a small rowing boat are also available.
On each sampan boat, a crew of 4 including an english or french speaking guide is pampering the guests. Exotic fruits, mineral water, green tea, and fresh towels are served on complimentary basis.
- Song Xanh 1 (15m long x 3,5m wide, 1 living room transformed into a comfortable bedroom at night (15m2), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 2 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 3 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 4 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 5 (23m long x 4,5m wide, 2 bedrooms,1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night if needed) (16m2/each). The large bathroom is equipped with shower, washbasin, wc, and provide a full set of deluxe amenities such as slippers, cotton bathrobes, bath towels, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, comb, cotton tips, shower cap, and sanitary bags.
3 DAYS CRUISE FROM THE DELTA TO THE SEA: CAI BE - SA DEC - RACH GIA
DAY 1: CAI BE – SA DEC
Be picked up at your hotel at 8:00 am and transfer to Cai Be by road. Your trip starts from Phu An Jetty at 10:00 am. Hop on a bicycle to better explore this wonderfully rural area, ending up at Le Longanier Restaurant. Lunch is served in this exquisite colonial-style villa set in a lush tropical garden by the river. After lunch, board the Song Xanh Sampan for a leisurely cruise on the busy waterways of the Mekong Delta, with stops along the way to visit local cottage industries that utilize products from the Delta like rice and coconuts. Before arriving in Sa Dec, stop to visit a traditional brick factory where everything is made by hand. Arriving in Sa Dec, step ashore and take a stroll to a lively outdoor market. Visit the historic house of the real-life character in the acclaimed novel and film “The Lover” by Marguerite Duras. A candlelit dinner awaits at this dramatic house. Enjoy your first night on board your sampan as it moors on the Mekong River.
|Cai be - Sa Dec|
DAY 2: SA DEC – LONG XUYEN – RACH GIA
Breakfast is served on board as you cruise towards Long Xuyen along narrow canals past several rustic monkey bridges and pristine countryside scenes. After enjoying lunch on board, arrive in Long Xuyen to visit Tiger Island, birthplace of Vietnam’s second president. Return to the sampan for dinner and resume your cruise towards Rach Gia. Enjoy your second night on board.
|Sa Dec - Long Xuyen - Rach Gia|
DAY 3: RACH GIA
Arrive in Rach Gia at around 7:00 am, the capital of Kien Giang Province, located on the coast of the Gulf of Thailand. Breakfast is served on board before disembarkation. For travelers traveling early to Phu Quoc, we can serve breakfast as early as 6:00 am.
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON (USD)
|Period||Rate/person (group 2 pax)||Rate/person (group 3-4 pax)||Rate/person (group 5-6 pax)|
|Oct 2017 – May 2018||USD 404||USD 363||USD 323|
|Jun 2018 – Sep 2018||USD 384||USD 345||USD 307|
– Surcharge: USD 22/cruise on Tet Holiday
– Child policy: Children under 5 years old are FOC, sharing room with parents. Children from 5 to 11 years old are charged 50%, sharing room with parents. Age of children based on year of birth.
- Private 3-day cruise with overnight aboard Song Xanh Sampan
- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner on board
- 1 lunch at Le Longanier Restaurant
- 1 candlelit dinner including a bottle of wine for 2 persons at an ancient house
- Sightseeing fees included in above itinerary
- Bicycles and local rowboat rides
- Cold towels, seasonal fruit and hot tea
- English-speaking tour guide
- Crew assistance
- Land transportation from/to Ho Chi Minh City: please contact ATA for your transportation rate
- Individual travel insurance
- Beverages and meals not included in the program
- Personal expenses during the trip
- Tips for the crew and guide
- Any expense not clearly indicated in above program
What to bring: Original passport, sun glasses, some cash in Vietnamese Dong / USD for personal expenses (do not accept credit card payments on board)
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.