Song Xanh Sampan, dedicated mainly to overnight cruises, are decked out with all the amenities including one or two private cabins and a spacious bathroom. Song Xanh Sampans are owned and managed by Victoria Group. 3 days explore Mekong delta on Song Xanh Sampan, with MEKONG CROSSROADS program you will visit Can Tho – Cai Be – Sa Dec
Song Xanh Sampan are designed for travelers looking for Private Cruise experiences in the Mekong Delta. The sampans “Song Xanh” offer a concept of fully private charter cruises for individuals, ideal for couples, or families with children.
The boats dimensions allow a deep discovery of the delta, its numerous canals and arroyos. Exclusive cruise itineraries have been designed away from touristic areas, and permitt an intimate approach of the authentic inhabitants life style and ancestral activities. While some meals are served on board, others are catered at ancient houses along the river allowing cultural exchanges and privileged contacts with the locals.
For those looking for a more active way to penetrate the delta, bicycles and a small rowing boat are also available.
On each sampan boat, a crew of 4 including an english or french speaking guide is pampering the guests. Exotic fruits, mineral water, green tea, and fresh towels are served on complimentary basis.
- Song Xanh 1 (15m long x 3,5m wide, 1 living room transformed into a comfortable bedroom at night (15m2), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 2 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 3 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 4 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 5 (23m long x 4,5m wide, 2 bedrooms,1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night if needed) (16m2/each). The large bathroom is equipped with shower, washbasin, wc, and provide a full set of deluxe amenities such as slippers, cotton bathrobes, bath towels, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, comb, cotton tips, shower cap, and sanitary bags.
3 DAYS: CAI BE – SA DEC
Meet us at Phu An Jetty at 10am and start with a bicycle ride around this rural area, ending up at Le Longanier Restaurant.
Lunch is served in this exquisite colonial-style villa set in a lush tropical garden by the river. After lunch, board the Song Xanh Sampan for a leisurely cruise on the busy waterways of the Mekong Delta, with stops along the way to visit local cottage industries that utilize products from the Delta like rice and coconuts. Before arriving in Sa Dec, stop to visit a traditional brick factory where everything is made by hand.
Dinner is served on board. Enjoy your first night on board your sampan as it moors on the Mekong River.
SA DEC – CAN THO (B/L/D)
After breakfast on board, step ashore and take a stroll to a lively outdoor market. Visit the historic house of the real-life character in the acclaimed novel and film “The Lover” by Marguerite Duras.
Back on board, cruise towards Can Tho along narrow canals,passing several monkey bridges. Lunch is served on board,before another shore excursion to a Cao Dai temple. Board a small rowing sampan to further explore the small armlets of the river. Your last stop before sunset is at an ancient house dating back to the 19th century where a dramatic candlelit dinner will be served. After dinner, return to the Song Xanh as it continues its cruise towards Can Tho. Overnight on board.
We set off early at about 6:30 am to visit the famous Cai Rang Floating Market. Breakfast is served on board while the Song Xanh navigates towards the market among local barges laden with fruit and vegetables. Be sure to have your camera ready for photos from this unique vantage point! Later on, cruise towards Victoria Can Tho and disembark at the hotel’s private jetty.
3 DAYS: CAN THO - SA DEC - CAI BE
CAN THO – CAI RANG – SON ISLET (L/D)
Meet us at the Victoria Can Tho Resort jetty at 10:30 am. Your crew welcomes you on board with cold towels and a refreshing drink as you get settled. From our private sampan, observe life as it plays out on shore – people going about their daily activities against picturesque landscapes, passing local barges laden with produce from the region – while your attentive crew serves tea and seasonal fruit.
Your sampan sails as you enjoy lunch on board, with the mighty Hau River as a backdrop, one of the two largest arms of the Mekong. After lunch, stop for the first shore excursion involves a visit to a small brick factory and a vegetable garden.
Enjoy exploring the picturesque waterways around the village with a trip on a small row boat.
Return to the sampan for dinner. Enjoy your first night on board your sampan as it moors on the Mekong River.
SON ISLET – PHONG HOA – SA DEC (B/L/D)
Enjoy an early breakfast on board at around 7:00 am. Stop for the
Arriving at Sa Dec, step ashore and stroll through the colorful outdoor market. Visit the historic house of the real-life character in the acclaimed novel and film “The Lover” by Marguerite Duras.
A candlelit dinner awaits at this dramatic house. Enjoy your
SA DEC – CAI BE (B/L)
We begin cruising in the early morning hours at about 6:30 am,
After a leisurely breakfast on board, step ashore to visit local cottage industries that utilize products from the Delta like rice and coconuts to make tasty snacks including puffed rice and chewy coconut candy.
Our cruise ends at Le Longanier Restaurant. A lunch is served in
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON (USD)
Period Rate/person (group 2 pax) Rate/person (group 3-4 pax) Rate/person (group 5-6 pax) Rate on HIGH SEASON (Oct, 2018 – May, 2019) USD 340 USD 306 USD 272 Rate on LOW SEASON (Jun – Sep, 2019) USD 306 USD 275 USD 245
|Period||Rate/person (group 2 pax)||Rate/person (group 3-4 pax)||Rate/person (group 5-6 pax)|
|Rate on HIGH SEASON (Oct, 2018 – May, 2019)||USD 340||USD 306||USD 272|
|Rate on LOW SEASON (Jun – Sep, 2019)||USD 306||USD 275||USD 245|
– Surcharge: USD 35/cruise on Tet Holiday from Feb 4th – 8th, 2019
– Child policy: Children under 5 years old are FOC, sharing room with parents. Children from 5 to 11 years old are charged 50%, sharing room with parents. Age of children based on year of birth.
- English or French speaking guide
- Boat trips as mentioned
- Meals as mentioned:
- Itinerary CAI BE – SA DEC – CAN THO: 1 breakfast and 1 lunch served on board; 1 candlelit dinner including a bottle of wine for 2 persons at an ancient house
- Itinerary CAN THO – SA DEC – CAI BE: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch served on board; 1 lunch at Le Longanier Restaurant; 1 candlelit dinner including a bottle of wine for 2 persons at an ancient house
- Crew assistance
- “xuong” rowboat rides
- Cold towels, exotic seasonal fruits, hot green tea and two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- All activities as mentioned Gov’t tax
- Land transportation from/to Ho Chi Minh City: please contact ATA for your transportation rate
- Travel insurance of any kind
- Tip, drinks, personal expenses
- Others services not mentioned
- Bank transfer fees & credit card service fees
- Other not mentioned above
What to bring: Original passport, sun glasses, some cash in Vietnamese Dong / USD for personal expenses (do not accept credit card payments on board)
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.