Song Xanh Sampan, dedicated mainly to overnight cruises, are decked out with all the amenities including one or two private cabins and a spacious bathroom. Song Xanh Sampans are owned and managed by Victoria Group. 3 days explore Mekong delta on Song Xanh Sampan, with DEEP IN THE DELTA program you will visit Cai Be – Sa Dec – Chau Doc
Song Xanh Sampan are designed for travelers looking for Private Cruise experiences in the Mekong Delta. The sampans “Song Xanh” offer a concept of fully private charter cruises for individuals, ideal for couples, or families with children.
The boats dimensions allow a deep discovery of the delta, its numerous canals and arroyos. Exclusive cruise itineraries have been designed away from touristic areas, and permitt an intimate approach of the authentic inhabitants life style and ancestral activities. While some meals are served on board, others are catered at ancient houses along the river allowing cultural exchanges and privileged contacts with the locals.
For those looking for a more active way to penetrate the delta, bicycles and a small rowing boat are also available.
On each sampan boat, a crew of 4 including an english or french speaking guide is pampering the guests. Exotic fruits, mineral water, green tea, and fresh towels are served on complimentary basis.
- Song Xanh 1 (15m long x 3,5m wide, 1 living room transformed into a comfortable bedroom at night (15m2), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 2 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 3 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 4 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 5 (23m long x 4,5m wide, 2 bedrooms,1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night if needed) (16m2/each). The large bathroom is equipped with shower, washbasin, wc, and provide a full set of deluxe amenities such as slippers, cotton bathrobes, bath towels, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, comb, cotton tips, shower cap, and sanitary bags.
3 DAYS: CAI BE - SA DEC - CHAU DOC
CAI BE – SA DEC (L,D)
Meet us at Phu An Jetty at 10am and start with a bicycle ride around this rural area, ending up at Le Longanier Restaurant.
Lunch is served in this exquisite colonial-style villa set in a lush tropical garden by the river. After lunch, board the Song Xanh Sampan for a leisurely cruise on the busy waterways of the Mekong Delta, with stops along the way to visit local cottage industries that utilize products from the Delta like rice and coconuts. Before arriving in Sa Dec, stop to visit a traditional brick factory where everything is made by hand.
Dinner is served on board. Enjoy your first night on board your sampan as it moors on the Mekong River.
SA DEC – LONG XUYEN – PHU TAN (B/L/D)
Breakfast is served on board while you cruise towards Long Xuyen along a narrow canal, passing several scenic monkey bridges.
After enjoying lunch on board, arrive in Long Xuyen to visit Tiger
Your boat sails until approximately 10:00 pm before anchoring for the night. Overnight on board.
PHU TAN – CHAU DOC (B)
Breakfast is served on board while your sampan cruises towards Chau Doc. Close to the border with Cambodia, Chau Doc is the gateway to Phnom Penh. Known throughout Vietnam for its pagodas and temples, Chau Doc is also famous for the Tra Su Bird Sanctuary, a superb eucalyptus mangrove.
Disembark at Victoria Chau Doc private pier at approximately
3 DAYS: CHAU DOC - SA DEC - CAI BE
CHAU DOC – LONG XUYEN (L/D)
Your crew welcomes you at the Victoria Chau Doc Hotel jetty at 10:00am with cold towels and a refreshing drink as your Song Xanh private sampan sets off for its leisurely cruise on the waterways around Chau Doc towards Long Xuyen, traveling along a narrow canal past monkey bridges and peaceful villages.
Lunch is served on board before arriving in Long Xuyen. Visit Tiger Island (Cu Lao Ong Ho), a small island that was once the home of Vietnam’s second president – Ton Duc Thang. Take a stroll around the park surrounding the museum and cycle around the island for a better look.
Your last stopover before sunset is at a Vietnamese home to gain insight into how the locals live. The owner will welcome you and a candlelit dinner will be served.
Enjoy your first night on board the Song Xanh on the Hau River.
LONG XUYEN – SA DEC (B/L/D)
Breakfast is served on board at 7:00 am while your sampan
Lunch and dinner are served on board. Enjoy your second night
SA DEC – CAI BE (B/L)
We begin cruising in the early morning hours at about 6:30 am,
After a leisurely breakfast on board, step ashore to visit local cottage industries that utilize products from the Delta like rice and coconuts to make tasty snacks including puffed rice and chewy coconut candy.
Our cruise ends at Le Longanier Restaurant. A lunch is served in
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON (USD)
Period Rate/person (group 2 pax) Rate/person (group 3-4 pax) Rate/person (group 5-6 pax) Rate on HIGH SEASON (Oct, 2018 – May, 2019) USD 395 USD 355 USD 316 Rate on LOW SEASON (Jun – Sep, 2019) USD 375 USD 338 USD 300
|Period||Rate/person (group 2 pax)||Rate/person (group 3-4 pax)||Rate/person (group 5-6 pax)|
|Rate on HIGH SEASON (Oct, 2018 – May, 2019)||USD 395||USD 355||USD 316|
|Rate on LOW SEASON (Jun – Sep, 2019)||USD 375||USD 338||USD 300|
– Surcharge: USD 35/cruise on Tet Holiday from Feb 4th – 8th, 2019
– Child policy: Children under 5 years old are FOC, sharing room with parents. Children from 5 to 11 years old are charged 50%, sharing room with parents. Age of children based on year of birth.
- English or French speaking guide
- Boat trips as mentioned
- Meals as mentioned:
- Itinerary Cai Be – Sa Dec – Chau Doc: 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner on board; 1 lunch at Le Longanier Restaurant; 1 candlelit dinner including a bottle of wine for 2 persons at a local house
- Itinerary Chau Doc – Sa Dec – Cai Be: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner served on board; 1 lunch at Le Longanier Restaurant; 1 candlelit dinner including a bottle of wine for 2 persons at a local house
- Crew assistance
- Bicycles and local “xuong” rowboat rides
- Cold towels, exotic seasonal fruits, hot green tea and two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- All activities as mentioned Gov’t tax
- Land transportation from/to Ho Chi Minh City: please contact ATA for your transportation rate
- Travel insurance of any kind
- Tip, drinks, personal expenses
- Others services not mentioned
- Bank transfer fees & credit card service fees
- Other not mentioned above
What to bring: Original passport, sun glasses, some cash in Vietnamese Dong / USD for personal expenses (do not accept credit card payments on board)
Feel free to ask us any questions via the form below.